The dataset includes resting state and structural data from 22 monkeys.
Creative Commons – Attribution-NonCommercial Share Alike (CC-BY-NC-SA)- Standard INDI data sharing policy. Prohibits use of the data for commercial purposes.
Macaca mulatta and Macaca fascicularis
- Sample size: 22 (16 mulatta, 6 fascicularis
- Age distribution: 3.6-14 years
- Weight distribution: 2.4-11.4 kg
- Sex distribution: 9 male, 13 female
Click here for the full sample description (.csv)
Scan Procedures and Parameters
Ethics approval: Animals were involved in several protocols from 2003 to 2018. In all Protocols associated to the different subjects, procedures were carried out according to the European Community Council Directive (1986) (Ministère de l’Agriculture et de la Forêt, Commission nationale de l’expérimentation animale) and Direction Départementale des Services Vétérinaires (Lyon, France), and most recently following the European Directive (2010) approved by the local ethical committee “Comité d’Ethique Lyonnais pour les Neurosciences Expérimentales” CELYNE, C2EA #42, under the registration numbers: C2EA42-11-11-0402-004, C2EA42-13-02--0402-10, C2EA42-12-11-0402-007, 2015012018228178 (AP AFIS# 189).02, and 3245-201512161305864.
Animal care and housing: Animals are housed in enclosures at least in couples.
Any applicable training: None
Anesthesia procedures: We used 2 protocols, 1) (Zoletil) for procedures with short scanning times (T1 and T2 at most) and 2) (Isoflurane) for long scanning times including fMRI RS measures.
- Anesthesia of was induced with 15 mg/kg Zoletil (Tiletamine and Zolazepam, Virbac, Carros, France) 30 min after premedication with 0.1 mg/kg atropine sulfate. A MRI-compatible stereotaxic frame (Kopf, CA, USA) was used to secure the head and reduce variability in the measure.
- 2. Anesthesia was induced using 7mg/kg Ketamine im + 0.5mg/kg Xylazine. The animal was then intubated and ventilated with oxygen enriched air and 1% Isoflurane. A MRI-compatible stereotaxic frame (Kopf, CA, USA) was used to secure the head and reduce variability in the measure. Breathing volume and frequency were fixed based on the animal weight.
Time between anesthesia and scanning: - fMRI RS acquisitions were performed at least 1 hour after anesthesia induction.
Head fixation: Head was fixed using an MRI-compatible stereotaxic frame (Kopf, CA, USA).
Position in scanner and procedure used: All scans were acquire in the stereotaxic position head horizontal, gaze towards the back of the scanner.
Contrast agent: NA
Physiological monitoring: During all procedures heart rate and PO2 were monitored. During isoflurane anesthesia, ventilation parameters and C02 were also monitored. Data were sampled at 1/15min for vet record. None of these parameters were recorded continuously.
Additional procedures: The animal was then intubated and ventilated with oxygen enriched air and 1% Isoflurane. A MRI-compatible stereotaxic frame (Kopf, CA, USA) was used to secure the head and reduce variability in the measure. Breathing volume and frequency were fixed based on the animal weight.
- Scanner type: Siemens Sonata 1.5T, Siemens Prisma 3T
- Head coil:
- 1.5T: 1 10cm Siemens ring coil
- 3T: 2 x L11 and 1 x L7 Siemens ring coils
- Resting-state (n = 3):
- EPI Sequence
- Voxel resolution: 1.7 x 1.7 x 1.7 mm
- TR: 1700ms
- TE: 30ms
- 5 runs of 12 mins
- From Siemens 1.5T
- n = 16
- T1 MPR 3D Sag
- 0.6 x 0.6 x 0.6 mm
- TR: 2.16s
- TE: 2.89s
- n = 3
- T1 MPR 3D Sag
- 0.6 x 0.6 x 1 mm
- From Siemens 3T
- n = 3
- T1 MPR 3D
- 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.5 mm
- TR: 3s
- TE: 3.62s
- n = 3
- T2 SPACE TRA
- 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.5 mm
- TR: 3s
- TE: 366ms
- Wilson C.R.E., FM. Stoll, J Vezoli, Maïlys CM Faraut, V Leviel, K Knoblauch, & E Procyk. Prefrontal markers and cognitive performance are dissociated during progressive dopamine lesion. PLoS Biology. 2016. 14(11): e1002576. doi:10.1371/journal.pbio.1002576.
- Stoll F.M., Fontanier V. & Procyk E. Specific frontal neural dynamics contribute to decisions to check. Nat Communication. 2016. Jun 20;7:11990. doi: 10.1038/ncomms11990.
- Faraut M. , Procyk, E. and Wilson CR. Learning to learn about uncertain feedback promotes flexible decisions. Learning & Memory, 2016. 23: 90-98.
- Stoll F*, Wilson C.R.E*, Faraut M., Knoblauch K., Vezoli J., & Procyk E. The effects of cognitive control and time on frontal beta oscillations. Cerebral Cortex. 2016. 26 (4): 1715-1732.
- Vezoli J., Dzahinia K, Costes N., WilsonC.R.E., Fifel K., Cooper H.M., Kennedy H. and Procyk E. Increased DAT binding in the early stage of the dopaminergic lesion: A longitudinal [11C]PE2I binding study in the MPTP-monkey. Neuroimage. 2014, Nov 15;102 Pt 2:249-61.
- Fifel, Vezoli, Dzahini, Claustrat, Leviel, Kennedy, Procyk, Dkhissi-Benyahya, Gronfier & Cooper. Alteration of Daily and Circadian Rhythms Following Dopamine Depletion in MPTP Treated Non-Human Primates. PLoS One. 2014, Jan 23;9(1):e86240.
- Khamassi M., Enel P., Dominey P.F., & Procyk E. Medial prefrontal cortex and the adaptive regulation of reinforcement learning parameters. Prog Brain Res. 2013, 202:441-64.
- Vezoli J, Fifel K, Leviel V, Dehay C, Kennedy H, Cooper HM, Gronfier C, & Procyk E. Early Presymptomatic and Long-term Changes of Rest Activity Cycles and Cognitive Behavior in a MPTP-Monkey Model of Parkinson's Disease. PLOS One 2011 6, e23952.
- Vezoli J & Procyk E. Frontal feedback-related potentials in non-human primates: modulation during learning and under haloperidol. J. Neurosci., 2009, 29: 15675-15683.
- Emmanuel Procyk1
- Charles R.E. Wilson1
- Céline Amiez1
1Univ Lyon, Université Lyon 1, Inserm, Stem Cell and Brain Research Institute U1208, 69500 Bron, France
Data have been acquired at the CERMEP Lyon centre for brain imaging, with the crucial help of Danielle Ibarrola and Franck Lamberton at the Primage platform. We also thank Pierre Misery and Camille Lamy for their help, the animal facility staff for their work and attention, and C. Nay, P. Giroud, and J. Beneyton for administrative support.
This work was supported by Agence National de la Recherche, Fondation Neurodis, by the LabEx CORTEX ANR-11-LABX-0042, Fondation de France, Human Frontier Science Program, and Fondation pour la Recherche Médicale.
Click here to download the data. Users will first be prompted to log on to NITRC and will need to register with the 1000 Functional Connectomes Project website on NITRC to gain access to the PRIME-DE datasets.